Friday, August 29, 2014

International Math Olympiad Class 4 - What is the format

One of my friend today asked me what is the format and pattern of the IMO paper for Class 4. I explained the format and pattern to him. I thought it may be useful to other parents as well.

International Mathematics Olympiad for Class 4

The test paper has 35 questions in all. You will get 1 hour(60 minutes) to answer all questions. The question paper will have 4 sections.

Section I : Logical reasoning - There will be 10 questions in this section
Section II: Mathematical Reasoning - There will be 10 questions in this section
Section III : Everyday Mathematics - There will be 10 questions in this section
Section IV : Achievers Section - There will be 5 questions in this section

What topics should you focus

Numerals and write in figures(5 digit numbers)
Place value
Roman Numeral
Addition and Subtraction problems
Geometry
Multiplication and division problems
Factors and multiples
Fractions
Measurement
Data representations through bar charts
Money problems
Time
Weight and capacity
Number series and patterns
Conversions Kilometer to Meter, Rupee to Paise etc
Comparison
Calculation of perimeter for various shapes
Direction sense
Mirror images
Embedded figures
Number ranking
Decoding and coding
Symmetry
Mathematical reasoning

That's all I have to share today. In my next post I will share a bank of questions on each topic





 

No comments:

Post a Comment